Samsung Galaxy S III officially announced in Mobile Unpacked Event, Impressive Features and Release details
LONDON – Months of rumors and speculation about the next Galaxy, I believe you already checked that online, too. Samsung finally revealed their new flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S III in the Mobile Unpacked Event in London. Lot of people will want to know is just what are the improvement or new features of the new Galaxy from its predecessor.
According to Samsung, the phone’s minimal and organic design is inspired by nature, the glossy body and huge display makes it more pretty, looks easy to hold and provides an ergonomic and comfortable experience with enhanced usability.
Samsung introduced their own enhanced voice assistance called S Voice. It can do like Apple’s Siri can do, responds quickly to your words, checking weather update, call and send messages and even take photos. Another new feature is S Beam (an NFC based feature), It allows you to transfer videos, music and photos by placing two Galaxy S III back-to-back, a new and faster way to share your files. There is a sensor called Smart Stay that tracks your eyes to keep the screen bright and dim the it when you are not looking at it.
New Galaxy lets you play together and bring it onto big screen with your phone doubling as a controller. You can also access documents and multimedia files in your computer even if you’re somewhere else.
What I really like if the 8-megapixel camera that has many features like the zero shutter lag which let you takes the photo as soon as you press the button and wait less a second getting you back to camera mode. It automatically takes a burst of 8 to make a continuous scene and automatically selects the best photo out of the series. Rear facing camera can capture 1080p full HD image and video and front facing camera has 1.9-megapixel.
The new multi-tasking feature is called Pop-up-play which allows you to watch videos while doing something like mobile browsing, email or text.
Great news! As expected, Samsung released the Exynos 4 Quad that power up Samsung Galaxy S III. Exynos 4 Quad consist of four ARM Cortex-A9 running at up to 1.4GHz and will use 20% less power than Exynos 4 Dual (4210) found in Galaxy S II.
Samsung Galaxy S III already has the latest version of Android 4.0.4, there are some changes improvement in TouchWiz UI. The handset come in three storage capacities; 16GB, 32GB and 64GB internal memory and expandable memory using microSD card slot up to another 64GB. It also has promising long life battery, 2,100mAh, removable.
It was officially announced on 3rd of May but pricing was not discuss, schedule to be release globally on May 29, 2012.
Samsung Galaxy S III specification:
- Handset model: Samsung I9300
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 133 g
- 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD display
- 1280 x 720 pixels capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors (306 ppi pixel density)
- 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A9 (4-core) processor (Exynos 4212 Quad chipset)
- 8-megapixel camera with Autofocus and LED Flash,
- Camera features: Zero shutter lag, Simultaneous HD video and image recording, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, image stabilization
- 1080p full HD video recording @30 frame/s
- 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera, 720p HD video @30 frame/s
- Screen protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Android OS v4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB internal memory
- microSD card slot, up to 64GB external memory
- Bluetooth v4.0 with A2DP, EDR
- microUSB v2.0 (MHL), USB On-the-go
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Speed: HSDPA 21Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
- 3.5mm jack and TV-out
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, proximity, compass, RGB sensor, Barometer
- Color: Marble White, Pebble Blue
- 4G Network (Regional)
- Standard Battery Li-Ion 2100mAh