Its actually a good idea that they made each Avengers member a solo movie before they put them together in a movie Avengers which is based in Marvel comic universe. The movie is now the highest grossing film P281 million in 5 days in the Philippines this year and the biggest debut ever in history. The Avengers is playing both in 3D and IMAX 3D, an added advantage of higher ticket prices.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Philippines managing director Victor R. Cabrera said that It’s practically a box office tsunami that has so far drowned, wiped out the rewritten every local record in its first five days of play.
- Biggest Wednesday Ever: P56.6-M, beating “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse’s” P55.4-M.
- Biggest Thursday Ever: P44.1M, smashing “Spider-man 3’s P28.4-M
- Biggest Friday Ever: P45.3-M, outgrossing “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1’s” P44.1-M.
- Biggest Saturday Ever: P66.4-M, breaking “Transformers: Dark of the Moon’s” P60.8-M.
- Biggest Sunday Ever: P68.5M, outlasting “Transformers: Dark of the Moon’s” P60.8M.
Walt Disney said, The Avengers posted the biggest sales in SM North EDSA (P17.85-M), SM Mall of Asia (P15.02-M), SM Megamall (P12.51-M), Trinoma (P10.27-M), SM Cebu (P9.53-M), Glorietta 4 (P7.60-M), SM Southmall (P6.76-M), Newport City (P6.64-M) and SM Fairview (P6.63-M).