Xperia S is the first Sony smartphone, result of Sony and Ericsson split-up
Sony takes full control of the mobile phone venture after Sony and Ericsson split-up last year. Ericsson received $1.5 billion in cash for its 50 percent share of the joint venture and Sony still carry the Xperia name on its own. On January 9, 2012, at the International CES show in Las Vegas, Sony announced the new Xperia S, the first smartphone from the new Xperia NXT series – next generation smartphone from Sony.
Sony Xperia S will be able to access easily to entertainment content from Sony Entertainment Network, such as Music and Video Unlimited in countries where the services are available. It is also be a PlayStation certified like the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY that guarantees a high quality smartphone gaming experience and access to the PlayStation Store. Xperia S is the first smartphone that showcases a new design approach referred as “Iconic Identity“. This design is expected to be applied throughout the Xperia NXT series that will creates a simple look that is instantly recognizable.
Sony Xperia™ S features and specs:
- Dimension: 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm
- Weight: 144 grams
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 processor
- LED-backlit LCD, capacitive touch screen, 16M colors
- 4.3-inch Reality Display (720 x 1280 pixels), 342 ppi pixel density
- Multitouch up to 10 fingers
- Scratch-resistant glass
- Sony Mobile Bravia Engine
- Timescape UI
- Android OS v2.3.5 (Gingerbread) upgradable to 4.0 (Ice cream Sandwich)
- 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony Exmor R™ for mobile, 4000 x 3000 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Fastest Capture to take shots in just 1.5 seconds directly from standby mode
- Geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection
- 3D sweep panorama, image stabilization
- 1080p Full HD video recording @30fps. continuous autofocus, video light, video stabilizer
- 1.3-megapixel front facing camera, 720p HD video recording @30fps
- 16/32GB internal memory, 1GB RAM
- Sensor: accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass
- Browser: HTML5, Adobe Flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Speed: HSDPA 14.4Mbps, HSUPA 5.8Mbps
- 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 – LT26i, HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 – LT26a
- HGPS with A-GPS support and GLONASS
- Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP, EDR
- microUSB v2.0, HS, USB On-the-go support
- 3.5 mm jack and HDMI port
- NFC (Near Field Communication)
- Standard battery Li-Ion 1750 mAh
- Stand-by up to 450hrs (2G) / up to 420hrs (3G)
- Talk time up to 7hrs 30mins (2G) / 8hrs 30 mins (3G)
- Music play up to 25hrs
Sony Xperia S will be available to from the first quarter 2012. Launching on Android platform 2.3 (Gingerbread) Xperia S will be upgraded to Android platform 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) during the second quarter 2012.
It was just announced on Jan 9, they revealed the features but not the price.
Astig ang specs ng Sony Xperia S! 🙂
tsaka pwede cgurong maglaro ng gaming dyan, tas connect mo sa malaking tv monitor via HDMI port para matalas pa rin.. 😛
Pwedeng pwede, sa pagkakaalam ko eto lang smartphone kaya mka-access sa PlayStation store unlike xperia play, sa android market lang.